Pumpkin Soup with Staub
- 3.5 Qt. Staub Pumpkin Cocotte
Recipe: yields 6-8 servings
- 3 lb Pumpkin cut into chunks
- 3 Medium onions
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 4 C. vegetable stock
- 1.5 C. milk (almond or soy for dairy-free)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional garnish options: bacon bits, roasted pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, coconut cream, sour cream, parsley, and cinnamon.
- Place pumpkin chunks, onion, garlic, vegetable stock, and milk inside the cocotte and bring to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until the pumpkin is tender
- Remove from heat and pour soup into your blender and puree
- Place pureed soup back into the cocotte and add salt and pepper to taste
- Add desirable garnishes
There you have it; a wonderfully delicious soup that's perfect for autumn. We were impressed with the cocotte's even heat distribution and excellent heat retention. The high heat retention allows your soup to stay warm long after you remove it from your stove. If you're hosting a party, the cocotte will also act as a beautiful, eye-catching decoration piece.
If you're not a fan pumpkin fan, try it with your favorite butternut squash recipe. Either way, you're still making something delicious in the beautiful Pumpkin Cocotte! For more information about Staub cookware, please visit our website!