October 14th is National Dessert Day
In elementary school, everyone learns the shortcut to spelling "dessert" instead of desert. There is one more S in dessert because you always want one more piece of dessert, and it's true! Whether it's an extra brownie, a bigger piece of cake, another cookie - desserts are just too good to pass up. However, it technically is the responsible thing to do to "limit" how many desserts you eat. That's the beauty of National Dessert Day!
National Dessert Day is October 14th every year, and it is the perfect excuse to indulge in your favorite sweet treats. You're celebrating a holiday, so it's totally acceptable to take one more piece of dessert.
Luckily for you, we at J.L. Hufford have conjured up some recipes in the past for you to try your hand at, such as:
We have new recipes every week, and these are some of our favorite dessert ones. Purchase the USA PAN 6 Piece Bakeware Set and you'll have all your baking needs for dessert day!
It wouldn't be National Dessert Day if we didn't give you a new recipe, though. So try out this chocolate fondue recipe!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound premium semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallows, cookies or any other dipping item of your choice
- Put approximately 4 inches of water in a Mauviel M'Passion Copper Sugar Saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Place a mixing bowl on top and pour in the heavy cream; let heat. Meanwhile, break up or chop chocolate into small pieces. When the cream feels hot to the touch, add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and brandy.
- Pour into the Staub Cast Iron 0.25-qt Mini Chocolate Fondue Set and light the handy fuel underneath; keep the flame low as not to burn the fondue. Arrange strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies or any of your favorite items on a platter and enjoy.
If you want to serve a bigger audience, upgrade your mini fondue set from Staub to the Mauviel 2.75qt. M'150s Copper Fondue Set! Either way, we hope you enjoy this recipe. Remember, on National Dessert Day, it's okay to have one more piece of dessert!