Vegetarian Butternut Squash Tortellini
Wrena has a new recipe utilizing a fall and winter season favorite, butternut squash. It's vegetarian, too! The sweet squash paired with cheesy tortellini makes this recipe a smashing hit. Check our Wrena's how-to video and recipe below!
- 1 C. Butternut Squash puree (see below for homemade instructions)
- 1 C. Half & Half
- 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- Pinch of Paprika
- 4 oz. Fresh Spinach
- 1, 19 oz bag of frozen Cheese Tortellini
- Garnish: Chopped Parsley and Roasted Squash Seeds
- If desired, 19.5 oz package of Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, crumbled and browned
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking, add butternut squash puree, half & half and spices into a small stockpot on medium heat. Mix well and heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and place lid on stockpot until spinach wilts. Once the spinach has wilted, stir in the cooked and drained tortellini. If using the sausage, stir in now.
- Serve and enjoy. Add garnish, if desired.
Homemade Butternut Squash Puree Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut a butternut squash in half vertically.
- Remove seeds and pulp from the squash.
- Place squash, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until fork tender.
- Let cool, remove skin then place cubed squash in a blender to create a puree.