J.L. Hufford Recipe Series: BBQ Cranberry Meatballs
Hungry guests can make for a long dinner party. Wrena has a simple and quick solution for and hor d'oeurve that will please a crowd. These BBQ Cranberry Meatballs perfectly combine sweet and savory in one dish. Cranberry sauce is a favorite this time of year and mixing it with a spicy BBQ sauce, you've crafted a one-of-a-kind dish. Using toothpicks to serve makes it even more low-maintenance. Check out Wrena's step-by-step video to see how to make these meatballs. Plus, we have the recipe below!
- 2/3 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Orange Juice (no sugar added, or fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- One 12 oz. bag of cranberries
- One 17 oz. bottle of your favorite spicy BBQ sauce
- Two 14 oz. packages frozen meatballs, or 55-60 of your own homemade meatballs.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, water and cinnamon and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries and bring mixture up to a simmer over medium heat and cook (approx. 15 minutes)
- Add BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat them completely.
- Cook on medium-low heat, covered, for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced, coating the meatballs completely.
- Serve immediately.