Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 2 med cloves of garlic
- 3 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 4 Pounds of Potatoes, peeled, cut to 1/8” thick
- 1 C. Shredded Cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon bits (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over med-hi heat. Add onion, saute until it softens and begins to brown. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add cream, milk, salt, pepper, and potatoes. Stir consistently.
- Cover and bring to a simmer until potatoes are almost tender. Sprinkle 1 C. of cheese on top of the potato mixture and transfer to the oven. Bake until the cream has thickened and is bubbly around the sides and the top is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.