How to Make Nut Butter in a Vitamix Blender
- 4 cups of nuts of your choice
- Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
Tips & Tricks
- Experiment with various combinations of nuts, including almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia, or Brazil nuts. Try our Peanut Cashew Butter to start.
- Add seeds and fruits, like pumpkin or sunflower seeds, raisins, and other dried fruits to the recipe. Raisin Almond Breakfast Spread makes the perfect foundation for a tasty, energy-packed morning meal.
- Add sweetness with honey, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, or cardamom. Start small: A teaspoon of honey, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, for example.
- Creamier consistencies can be created with a teaspoon of coconut oil for a subtle tropical flavor, or flaxseed oil for an omega 3 boost.
- Roasting nuts on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes will give nut butters a deeper flavor and creamier texture, and release oils more easily in processing. Walnuts will mellow from roasting if a less sharp flavor is desired.