Patriotic Pie in a FINEX Skillet
- 1 Package of pre-made pie crust (with 2 crusts)
- 3 C fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 C fresh red raspberries
- 2 C fresh blackberries
- 2/3 C sugar, 1/4 C sugar
- 5 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Egg white
- 2-3 Tbsp. raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash your fruit. Then, hull and quarter the strawberries. Mix the strawberries, raspberries, 2/3 C of sugar, 5 Tbsp of cornstarch, and 1 Tbsp of vanilla in a bowl. Set aside once it's mixed.
- Mix the blackberries, 1/4 C of sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp of cornstarch, 1 tsp of vanilla in a bowl. Set aside once it's mixed.
- Unroll one pie crust into the FINEX 10" Cast Iron Skillet
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil into an "L" shape and place it into one corner of your pan. This will end up being the "blue" part of your flag.
- Place the blackberry mixture into the small cornered section of your pan.
- Place the strawberry and red raspberry mixture into the rest of your pan.
- Remove the foil.
- Dot the pie with butter.
- Unroll the second crust onto parchment paper. Using a knife, cut 1/4 of the crust off and set aside. This will be for your stars.
- With the remaining crust, cut approximately 1" strips. Place alternating strips onto the strawberry/red raspberry mixture to create the white stripes.
- Press the edges of your crust together.
- Using a small star-shaped cookie cutter, cut our your stars from the 1/4 piece you saved earlier. Place the stars on top of your blackberry mixture.
- Dress up the edge of your pie crust with the remaining strips by twisting and putting them on top of the edge. (If you have more crust, you can add a braid, or cut our more stars)
- Brush the egg wash onto the crust. Then sprinkle the crust with raw sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 Minutes
- Let it cool for 2 hours before serving.
Now it's time to gather around the table and serve this delicious dessert for your next patriotic-themed gathering. A slice of pie served with ice cream is not required, but it is highly recommended! Happy baking!
FINEX Cast Iron Cookware is handmade in Portland, Oregon to ensure high-quality cookware. Their founder, Mike Whitehead, was inspired by the timeless craft of antique American cast iron. FINEX pans combine the traditional cast iron with a modern touch. Their products are constructed to last for generations.
About J.L. Hufford
For over 25 years, J.L. Hufford has become a premier retailer of gourmet coffee, tea, coffee and tea accessories, cookware, cookware accessories, cutlery, and kitchen appliances. We continue to strive as a company that serves our customers not only through providing quality products on our website but also with exceptional customer service. At J.L. Hufford, we believe it’s all about taste. We are passionate about helping professional, and home chefs alike find the perfect addition to their kitchen; a product that enhances flavors and helping them enjoy their culinary creation!