J.L. Hufford Recipe Series: Scalloped Potatoes
Dec 15, 2017 Most Recent
It's Friday! Wrena has a new recipe ready for you. Scalloped potatoes is an excellent side dish to bring to the table. It's a great alternative if you're tired of the traditional mashed potatoes. Check out Wrena's step-by-step guide in the video below and read her instructions so you can make this yummy masterpiece at home.
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 2 med cloves of garlic
- 3 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 4 Pounds of Potatoes, peeled, cut to 1/8” thick
- 1 C. Shredded Cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon bits (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over med-hi heat. Add onion, saute until it softens and begins to brown. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add cream, milk, salt, pepper, and potatoes. Stir consistently.
- Cover and bring to a simmer until potatoes are almost tender. Sprinkle 1 C. of cheese on top of the potato mixture and transfer to the oven. Bake until the cream has thickened and is bubbly around the sides and the top is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Wrena loves using Le Creuset cookware as their enameled cast iron cookware heats evenly, is nonstick, and gives your meals a delicious taste. She's used Le Creuset to make a stuffed pork tenderloin, vegetarian pasta, and bread wreath in past recipes. Aside from Le Creuset, our website features thousands of fantastic cookware, cutlery, appliances, and more. We are passionate about getting you the perfect pan, knife, blender, etc. that fits your lifestyle.