17 October 2011
Did you recently purchase or thinking of purchasing a Vita-Mix blender and are curious on how to care for it? Here are the steps on how to clean and care for your container and your motor base.
Before using your unit for the first time or after quite some time, you should clean your container by running the unit with 5 cups of warm water and 2 drops of liquid detergent for 2 minutes to remove any oils or particles from manufacturing or shipping.
1. Twist lid plug to remove. Fill container to the 5-cup level with warm water.
2. Add 2 drops of any liquid dishwashing detergent.
3. Replace lid plug. Twist to locked position.
4. Be sure the complete two-part lid is secure and in locked position. Run machine on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds. Turn machine off.
5. At HIGH speed, your unit becomes its own "dishwasher." However, some recipes may require additional light cleaning.
6. Rinse container, lid and lid plug under running water. Let air-dry or carefully wipe thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth.
We do not recommend washing the container in the dishwasher, as this may damage the container over time.
1. Always unplug the power cord before cleaning.
2. Wash outside surface with a soft cloth or sponge that has been rinsed in a mild solution of liquid detergent and warm water. Thoroughly clean switches to keep them moving freely. Use a damp cloth or sponge to flush and clean in the groove around the switches, taking care not to let water drain into the switches.
3. Dry the motor base with a soft cloth.
4. DO NOT attempt to take the motor base apart. THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.