Sundried Tomato Tapenade Palmiers
· 1 package frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, defrosted
· ¼ cup A Perfect Pear Sundried Tomato Tapenade
· ¼ cup prepared pesto, store-bought or homemade
· ½ cup crumbled goat cheese ¼ cup toasted pine nuts1 egg
· Kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly flour a board and carefully unfold one sheet of puff pastry. Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until it’s 9.5 x 11.5 inches. Spread half the pesto on the pastry sheet, then sprinkle half the goat cheese, half the tapenade, and half the pine nuts. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt.
3. Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again toward the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat for the second sheet of puff pastry using the remaining ingredients. Cover both rolls with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
4. Cut the prepared rolls into ¼-inch-thick slices and place them face-up, 2 inches apart, on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Whisk egg and lightly brush over palmiers.